Clouds over Cae Du

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Glueing up the table top...


After spending most of my summer with my children because they're only young once and will grow up so fast, its now back to work! :) With my eldest back at college, my middle one starting school for the first time, and my youngest going to nursery 2 days a week.

Well, the top is a glue up nightmare! Matching curves, joints assembled with biscuits, using a ratchet strap to hold the whole thing in place and a mallet to 'tap' (well more of a wollop) it home. It's not gone together as well as I'd planned, but I don't intend to sell it, it's just an exercise in repair and re-design.

So am 'throwing' it together now so I can get on with some new work for some new exhibitions I'm planning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment